Appointed to Co-Chairman of the board of Government & Regulatory Affairs Committee.
The mission of the Government and Regulatory Affairs committee is to provide accurate and pertinent information impacting the tag and label industry to TLMI membership. GRA priorities will be determined by input from TLMI membership utilizing access and methods through relevant resources, industry experts and appropriate membership communications.
Methods / Activities
- Monitor federal or state legislation impacting labels and packaging (i.e. Proposition 65 in CA)
- Study the impact impact labels have on the recycling stream
- Review industry requirements for product tracking, serialization and electronic labeling
- Understand the role the label industry plays in EPR (extended producer responsibility)
- Create awareness of pending or developing legislation on taxes or penalties for non-recyclable or bio-degradable packaging components
Co-Chairs: G. Lynn Higgs, Infinite Packaging Group and Mike Watson, Hexion, Inc.